Increased warranty from Volvo, in your Whittley.31-Jul-2013
As an owner of a Volvo Penta leisure engine, you can enjoy our improved warranty for both engine and transmission. From model year 2014, we extend our warranty commitment to 2+3 years or or operation hours whichever occurs first. For the first 2 years*, the warranty covers the complete engine package and for the following 3 years*, major components. Accessories bought simultaneously with engines will also benefit from an extended warranty period.
This extended warranty clearly displays the confidence you can anticipate experiencing in the quality of our products.
Some facts about the new warranty
- During the first two years of usage*, the new Volvo Penta International Limited Warranty offers repair or replacement of defective parts of the whole product.
- As is customary in the business, the warranty has an operation-hour limit depending on the engine and transmission used. The time limit, however, is generous, bearing in mind that the limited warranty is for leisure use only.
- The additional warranty of up to 3 years for major components* takes effect when the initial warranty period has expired. This provides additional protection for you, the boat owner.
- An extra feature is that accessories that are regarded as part of the engine package will receive up to two years warranty protection.
* The warranty covers years or operation hours whichever occurs first (for detailed information about operation hours per engine please read more here).