Benefits of a Sterndrive
“I’m now convinced there’s no better choice of power for my boat than a Volvo Penta Sterndrive.
I’ve personally experienced the difference, and I’ve always been an outboard man.”
Jason Levinson CR 2180 Owner, Gold Coast Queensland
- VALUE FOR HP – purchase a 200 hp V6 stern drive, for the price of most 70 hp four stroke outboards.
- DOESN’T IMPEDE ON USEABLE SPACE – compact dimensions and Whittley design minimises intrusion into the
rear fishing or cruising platform.
- QL NEUTRA-SALT FLUSH SYSTEM – standard on all stern drive engines
- ECONOMY – large swept volume, giving high low-end torque and better fuel economy, with a further 10 per cent
improvement on Duoprop models
- HIGH TORQUE – faster hole shot
- HOT WATER – all Volvo Penta engines have the option of hot water service connections
- TOP SPEED– Volvo Penta Duoprop offers higher top-end speed compared to single-prop options
- STABILITY – a lower centre of gravity compared to outboard engines improves stability
- FRESHWATER Cooling – standard on all diesel engines, and an option on gasoline
- EVC SYSTEM – standard with a trip computer and power trim assist
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY– gasoline catalytic models comply with CARB four-star rating
- FUEL INJECTED – all gasoline Volvo Pentas are fuel injected
- DIESEL POWER OPTIONS – through Volvo’s D3 and D4 engine ranges of diesel power plants